Went to Florida to run trains.
Was told that the seats were too high.
Picked up some lower mounts.
Stayed at home for my health.
Worked on a tank car to pass the time.
Worked on a boxcar to lube the trucks.
Started going out riding on the train.
Did some ballasting on the main.
Loaded up to run at WHQ.
Set up a train to have fun with.
After a while I started having problems and didn’t know what was happening.
Then came a train wreck. Thank goodness for the safety chains.
Time to modify the engine mounts before testing the engine again.
Still needing to fill time till the temp breaks, so I started on another project.
One of my favorite engines is the EMD GP 30. It has 4 axles under it. I wondered what it would look like if it had 6 axles under it to make it a SD 30. I got to drawing it out.
Just a start on a large 1/8th scale engine. Hope to make it a winter project.
There was an article on building an SD-30 but it’s lost someplace in my memories. I did assemble parts needed to build (kitbash) one in HO scale but never got around to it, but I know exactly where it is. Basically, it is a Lionel GP-30 and an Atlas SD-35. The kitbashed body fits nicely on the Atlas frame.
Have fun railroading,